A water bottle is such a simple thing, and yet, there are so many little differences between one that is just meh, and one that you can’t imagine your life without.
Enter my Nalgene water bottle. Nalgene is known for their nearly indestructible plastic which is awesome, but I never really loved their design until I was gifted this particular one. What makes it so special?
- The lid unscrews to create a wide opening you can easily insert ice chunks or fruit into. None of that squeezing half an ice cube at a time through a tiny slot.
- But the cap has a nice little opening to drink from, so you don’t spill water all over yourself if you’re driving on a bumpy road. Or maybe I’m the only one who does that.
- The cap is easy to open and close with one hand.
- It’s pretty easy to wash. None of this algae growing in the bottom where you can’t reach.
- It is completely secure. You can throw it upside down in your purse without worrying about leakage.
- It’s made with Nalgene’s sturdy plastic, so although it scuffs a little, it will last for a long time.
- It’s cheap enough that if one of the little parts does happen to break, it won’t break your budget to replace it.
You can find it here for a few dollars, in a variety of colors.